Gregory Simon, PhD Assistant Professor
Department of Geography
and Environmental Sciences
University of Colorado Denver
This website provides information for current and prospective students, collaborators and other interested parties. Visitors will find information on current and future course offerings as well as descriptions of ongoing research projects. If you have specific questions please feel free to contact me.
I am an Assistant Professor of Geography at the University of Colorado Denver (2009-Present) and an Affiliate Faculty in Urban and Regional Planning. I spent two years as a Postdoctoral Fellow at Stanford University (2007-09) and received my PhD in Geography at the University of Washington (2007).
I have also held the following positions:
- -Visiting Scholar and Principal Investigator in Stanford University’s Spatial History Project (Summer 2011, 2013)
- -Core Advisor the United Nations Global Alliance for Clean Cookstoves (2010-2013)
- -Chair of the Cultural and Political Ecology Specialty Group of the Association of American Geographers (2012-2014)
Areas of Interest
- -Environmental policy and planning
– Political economy of development
– Political ecology and science studies
– Urban vulnerability and environmental history
– Interdisciplinary environmental education
– US / India / Other sites of global development
Specific projects and papers can be found using the ‘Research and Publications’ tab above. The ‘Teaching’ and ‘Mentoring’ tabs provide descriptions of courses and other advising activities.